Chhatarpur Temple which is officially known as Shri Aadya Katyayani Shakti-Peeth (श्री आद्य कात्यायनी शक्तिपीठ) is located in South Delhi along with the Main Chhatarpur Road. It is around 4KMs from Qutub Minar, towards South via Mehrauli Archaeological Park, along with the Mehrauli-Gurgaon road. Can also be approached by Metro Yellow Line at Chhatarpur Metro Stop. The temple complex spreads around 70 acres with around 20 small and large temples, and is constructed mainly by marble stone.
Official Temple Site: http://www.chhattarpurmandir.org/
The temple was established in 1974 by Baba Sant Nagpal ji (died in 1998), is dedicated to goddess Katyayani (maa Durga), along with shrines of Radha Krishna, Lord Ganesh, Lord Rama, Lord Ganesha and Lord Shiva. Devotees can be seen in huge numbers during Navratras, Mahashivratri and Janmashtami festivals.
How to reach: Auto, Taxi, Bus, Metro
Visiting Time: 6 am to 9 pm
Nearby Places to visit:
– Baba Nagpal Temple, just opposite
– Mehrauli Archaeological Park, 3 km North
– Jamali Kamali Mosque, Tomb of Balban, Tomb Of Mohd Quli Khan, 3 km North
– Rajon Ki Baoli, 3.5 km North
– Ahinsa Sthal, 3.5 km North
– Qutub Minar, 4 km North
– The Garden of Five Senses, 6 km North
– Qila Rai Pithora Park, 6.2 km North